A No Makeup Week


This past Sunday as I was using a face mask I decided to have a no makeup week. No mascara, no concealer, no powder, no foundation, just me and my own skin.

Now, this was a slightly random decision, but not entirely random. For weeks now I have had a weird breakout cluster just over from chin and kinda under my lip. It's been bad. It would never leave my face. Therefore, I was constantly grabbing my concealer ever morning trying to cover it up before work. I deal with a lot of people and I'm self conscious of my breakouts. 

I had a thought then while using that face mask that maybe if I just let me skin breath for a week, still using masks, but rid myself from having constant chemicals on my face, it may improve? I have also been using more skin cleansers the past few days and enjoying a bit of a face mask here or there. Origins face masks have been my go to masks.  

The good news about this experiment is that it has been working. I'm not sure if I will keep it up for another week, but the cluster is not as prominent and my face is also not as dry. 

So, overall it has been an alright time even if I look like I have risen from my grave in the mornings. 

Would you ever do a week without makeup? Let me know in the comments below!

Also have you gone over to see my second blog Dash of Confidence yet? It went live today! I will have a new post up every Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday over there. 

I hope you all have a wonderful day & thank you for stopping by!

Jess xoxo

1 comment

  1. Your blog is darling! I really like this idea, I find that my skin looks better in appearance when I haven't covered it up for a few days :D I love having fun with makeup though so it doesn't last for long xD but makeup often irritates my sensitive skin! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete